Friday, August 29, 2008

THE LAST FRIDAY BEFORE RAMADHAN

Ramadhan comes again. This time I am celebrating it at the new place which there are only few Muslims. There will be no more half an hour less working hour but I don't really mind since I only need less than half an hour to get home.

In my department, there are only two Muslims and they are Habsah Jalani and Madasari Ansari. I am not sure if can manage all this. I still can smell the coffee aroma in the morning but I am fasting. Hopefully I can go through it. Maybe it is a trial for me to prove that I am a good Muslimah.

Last year, my best buddy flew to Scotland to further his study in Ramadhan. God knew how was my feeling. I am proud of him but at the same time I know that he will be other person unlike before. Anyway, I never stop praying to Allah to save him from any unintended matters, condition or incident. I want him to come back here as the same person and contribute to the development of our nation. Huh.. dream of an ordinary techer.

Last five years, Ramadhan 2003, I celebrated my Ramadhan in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. A place which has moulded me into who ever I am today. Not only the academic lesson that I learnt in various classes but also the campus life which has taught me to be a brave lady, an ambitious lady and a lady who will never give up to achieve her dream.

10 years ago, I was 17 years old. Ramadhan was celebrated at home. I was just a little girl who was not only naive but also immatured. My world was only school and home sweet home but it was my first step to the real world.

Ramadhan, I am waiting for you each and every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Semenyih/ Pasir Gudang, Selangor/ Johor Bahru, Malaysia